2023 Docomomo US National Symposium
Complexities of the Modern American City
June 21-25, 2023
New Haven, Connecticut
Join us in New Haven, Connecticut and experience one of the country’s most densely woven collections of mid-century art, design, and architecture. As we take in this cultural epicenter, we will consider the triumphs and complexities surrounding the design and building of the Modern city and the impacts on our collective communities.
You must be registered for the Symposium in order to register for tours.
AIA CEUs will be offered for all sessions and tours upon approval.
Wednesday, June 21
- Chapter Forum, Hotel Marcel, 2-4PM
- Opening Keynote, Yale Art Gallery, 5:30-7PM
- Opening Reception, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, 7-9PM
Thursday, June 22
- Sessions, Hotel Marcel, 8:30AM-12:45PM
- Walking Tours, Downtown, 2-4PM and 5-7PM
Friday, June 23
- Sessions, Downtown TBD, 8:30-11:15AM
- Closing Plenary, Yale Art Gallery, 11:30AM-1PM
- Walking Tours, Downtown, 2-4PM
- Closing Reception, Yale Center for British Art, 7-9PM
Saturday, June 24
- Morning Bus and Walking Tours, 9AM-12PM
- Afternoon Bus and Walking Tours, 1-5PM
Sunday, June 25
- Self Driven Tour, 10AM-4PM