Most of the homes in the Cottonwood Club neighborhood were built for the 1955 Parade of Homes. The neighborhood features a wide variety of progressive architectural styles for 1955, including mid-century modern, chalet-modern, and ranch.
On the day of the tour 5-6 private residences, featuring the designs of architect Stephen MacDonald through the Salt Lake Home Builders Association, will be open to tour, most within the same neighborhood block.
This tour is hosted by and is a fundraiser for Preservation Utah, a local non-profit dedicated to historic preservation.
Saturday October 5, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
$20 advance tickets + member tickets / $25 walk-up + non-member
Advance ticket sales end October 3
All persons who attend the tour must have a ticket. Tickets are in the form of a tour brochure and wristband, with which you may enter each home on the tour. Attendees must pick up their tour brochure(s) and wristbands at our tour headquarters (TBA) before going on the tour. The tour is an all-weather, rain-or-shine event and there are no refunds for unused tickets.
Tour attendees should be aware of the following before going on the tour:
- None of the homes are wheelchair accessible, and most have stairs. Attendees should watch their step around and in all parts of homes.
- Attendees will be provided shoe covers to be worn inside all homes.
- Pets are not allowed inside homes.
- All homes are private residences and are only available to tour during the time and day of our tour. We will not reveal the names of the homeowners, nor we will reveal the addresses of homes prior to the tour.
- Photography is permitted only outside the homes and is prohibited inside.
- Attendees are not required to visit all the homes, and may go to each home at their leisure during open hours.